Plumbing Leak Detection
- Able to detect leaks under your concrete slab.
- Open, honest pricing.
- Leak detection tools, processes and expertise that help us find leaks other plumbers can’t.
Here are the most common symptoms that you have a hidden leak:
- Water gathering on the floor
- Loss of water pressure
- Water collecting in the yard
When these symptoms occur, it’s time to give us a call. Just think of all that water as a pile of money evaporating into the air. We can fix the hole in your bank account and get you back to Flowing Freedom in no time. 🙂
What Machine Do We Use?
We use a special hand-held tool. At the end of it, there is a 2” disk that’s connected to a meter, which moves a sound sensitive needle. It’s like a glorified stethoscope. We move this tool slowly over your slab and listen for a rushing sound. As we get closer to the leak, the more defined and clear the sound becomes.
Leak Detection Process and Cost
Every leak is unique, and obviously some are harder to locate than others. If we can see your drywall is wet, we can be pretty certain that the leak is in that location. Your cost becomes lower because we don’t have to spend extra time, other than getting into the wall, locating, and diagnosing the leak.
But what happens if you’ve lost water pressure and see no signs of leaking? This is when a more in-depth diagnosis will be needed.
- At the deepest level, we might try to locate the water manifold(s) in your house to isolate lines, so we know exactly what line/fixture is being affected.
- These manifolds are often behind walls. We have the experience to make educated guesses as to where these manifolds are located.
- Then we use a camera that is minimally invasive in your wall to try to locate these.
- Repairing a small quarter inch hole in the wall is much more desirable than repairing large areas.
What about a drain leak?
One possibility would be to do a hydrostatic test for the drain in your house. We block off the drain where it exits the home and then fill the drain up with water. We are looking for the water level to stay constant. If it drops, we know we have a leak in the drain. From there, the isolation process begins.
Remember, this is a process and we are confident that we can walk with you through it.
Let us restore you to Flowing Freedom.